Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sinful Saturday Views - Gabriel from the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper

This is a new weekly post hosted by me and Incident over at Sordid Fantasy. We will list some of our favorite fictional men along with why we love/lust them. Pictures will also be included.


This week my sinfully sexy pick is Gabriel from the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper. Though the main event of these books is Jane and her quirky friendships and family - I think her sexy sire and boyfriend Gabriel earns a mention as well. As you can see from the book covers he is a sexy and mysterious part of the story, though it kind of makes me twitch when he or Jane refers to their relationship as sire and childe (ohh Daddy issues). I just finished this series of books last week and I love it! You can see my review of the first book Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs here. Gabriel is the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome as well as mysterious, pompous, and occasional pain in the ass.

Quotes:

"I am your sire. I am to guide you through your first days as a vampire. Your first feeding is a rite of passage, a sacrament. It will not be wasted on some hormone-driven frenzy. This is why I wanted you to feed from me.” (Gabriel)
“I will not drink it in a house, I will not drink it with a mouse. I will not drink it here or there, I will not drink it anywhere,” I wheezed, hoping I was able to communicate adequate sarcasm through the crippling belly cramps. (Jane)
“Did you just quote Green Eggs and Ham?" (Gabriel)*from Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

"I haven't had a lot of good, soft things in my life," he said against my forehead. "Not since my family sent me away. Apart from being your sire and feeling that pull to you, it's that goodness, that softness and warmth, along with the resolve and strength in you, that I love. Being turned hasn't taken that from you. If someone were going to design the perfect mate for me, it would be you. Even when you infuriate me with your pigheaded stubbornness and your temper and incredible lack of anything resembling self-preservation—" (Gabriel)
"Stop describing me please." (Jane)
"You're the most fascinating, maddening, adorable creature I've ever met," he said, sighing and pushing my hair out of my eyes. "So, when I seem possessive or I'm raving like a lunatic, it's just that part of me is still very afraid that I'll lose that—that I'll lose you. I love you."(Gabriel) *from Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (this quote makes me swoon a little)

My pick from Gabriel is the hunky James Marsden - let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment