Monday, May 31, 2010

Wrap-up of Book Expo of America/ Book Blogger Con

So this past week I went to BEA and Book Blogger Con and it was awesome! I'm already planning out my strategies for next year - which involves hiring a book sherpa or maybe acquiring some minions (I think a zombie would be perfect for this job) and learning how to be multiple places at once. For most my time there I teamed up with Tori from the Book Faery Blog and we tried our best to conquer BEA. There were the author signings, publisher booth book giveaways, and the mad dash for book shwag. I've shared some of my pics below from this amazing event. Let me say I loved meeting fellow book bloggers and talking books and the publicity people at the different publishing houses that I did get a chance to meet were all great. And don't let me forget the authors, they were all super nice and smiling at the book signings I went to, and I even got a chance to chat with Jeri Smith-Ready and talk to her about the WVMP series a bit while I was getting her latest book, Shade, signed. All in all it was a great experience I hope to repeat next year!

You can see the crazy signing area above and the picture below it is me at Tricia Rayburn's signing - her book, Siren, comes out this July and it looks awesome!

Most the publisher booths had pics of their upcoming release covers and I just couldn't resist getting my picture next to some hot urban fantasy leather clad booty.

I've managed to wedge most the books I got onto a couple bookshelves that you can see above, I got some great reads and I hope to do a post later in the week about the books I got and release dates when I get a chance. One thing I didn't realize that was given away at BEA is awesome book shwag. I got some great bags (two of my favorites are shown above), t-shirts, and posters. I do have some book duplicates and shwag duplicates so stay tuned for future giveaways coming up this month.

12 comments:

Tori [Book Faery] said...

Lovin me some leather clad booty ;)

And I must say, those two totes were my fav too!

Karen said...

Great pictures - glad I met up with you and Tori at the Hqn booth....! That hqn bag is my favorite!! I just put my 1st BEA post up.

Beth (maybe-tomorrow.org) said...

Great to see you had such a great time! Thanks for sharing your pics!

I think I'm def going to try to go next year!

Mandi said...

Fun times! So nice to meet you :)

ParaJunkee said...

So jealous. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I have to go there next year.

Unknown said...

OMG! I am so jealous! you got all the books I wanted =P hehe- Happy reading, hun; hope you enjoy them all!

Heather (DarklyReading) said...

@Tori - I thought it was funny that I ended up with leather clad cover pics.. my favorite!

@Karen - the three of us made a good hqn team!

@Beth - you should definitely go - it's alot of fun!

@Mandi - it was awesome meeting you too!

@Parajunkee - I hope you can - I was telling people how you did such an amazing blog design for me!

@Ale - I keep looking at other peoples BEA pics and thinking - darn it I wish I got that book too - when really I got more than enough to least me till next BEA!

Sophia (FV) said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! :)

Tori [Book Faery] said...

LMAO maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't have taken a picture together then. Because if we did, there would be less leather clad bootay =O

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Ah... I so wanna go one day! Glad you had lots of fun!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Heather!!!! Great pictures! Looks like you had a great time! Love the swag!

S.F. Robertson said...

Thank you for saving my life at BEA! If you hadn't been there at the Romance Writer's of America booth I don't know what I would have done after the mean old business man took of his agression out on my baby toe. It was so nice meeting you in NYC. :)

Post a Comment